ABRAJI | Associação Brasileira de Jornalismo Investigativo announces its 7th annual investigative journalism conference, to be held for the fourth consecutive year in partnership with the privately owned university Anhembi-Morumbi … a Sylvan Laureate–Laureate International enterprise.
Anhembi is observed as being consistently active in youth marketing in partnership with Sambodia City Hall and the Alliance of Youth Movements.
ABRAJI recently mounted a tribute to murdered Globo journalist Tim Lopes — oddly, held at the Escola Superior de Propaganda e Marketing | ESPM.
The upcoming conference runs from July 12 to July 14 and costs more than this freelance epistemologist is able or willing to invest at this point.
Speaking on the risks of war correspondence: Frank Smyth.
In October 2012, the Association will hold a joint congress with the Global Investigative Journalism Network (www.gijn.org) … which is in turn supported by
the Ethics & Excellence in Journalism Foundation and … the Knight Chair in Investigative Reporting in the Journalism Department at the College of Media at the University of Illinois on the Urbana-Champaign campus. … The Global Investigative Journalism Network and its conferences also have received consistent support from the Open Society Institute since the conferences were initiated in 2001.
The Brazilian project — ABRAJI, I mean — discloses the following partners –
- Jornalismo para o Desenvolvimento Humano
- McCornick Tribune Foundation
- Article 19
- Knight Center – Texas
- Instituto Prensa y Sociedad | IPYS – founded in Peru and present in Colombia and Venezuela …
- Instituto Ayrton Senna | Globo-sponsored sports-themed charity
- Investigative Reporters and Editors | IRE
- Transparência Brasil
- Sindicato dos Jornalistas de São Paulo — Sambodian journalist union
- Sindicato dos Jornalistas do Rio de Janeiro — Rio journalists union
- Associação Nacional dos Jornais | ANJ – National Association of Newspapers
- Federação Nacional dos Jornalistas – Fenaj — National Journalists Union
- Comitê Internacional da Cruz Vermalho — Red Cross
- Oboré Projetos Especiais — [ index of related projects ]
- PUC-Rio — Pontifical University
- ECA-USP – Universidade de S. Paulo
- MPD – Ministério Público Democrático
Inflows and Influences
Studying patterns of Colloborative Networked Organizations in these institutional disclosures reflects clearcut evidence that the «fix journalism» movement is primarily Made in the USA and funded mainly by U.S. philanthropies — though Soros and the EU have their role as well, as do the Spaniards of PRISA and the University of Navarra …
Filed under: Advertising, Brazil, Corruption, Globalization, Information Technology, Infotainment, Journalism, Media, Open Sources, Politics, Public Relations & Advertising, Public-Private Partnerships, Publishing